Mr. Bill Shows Off New Live Band Setup On Current Tour [Watch]

first_imgElectronica artist Mr. Bill has completely retooled his setup, incorporating live keyboards and drumming for an all-new jamtronica approach like never before. Bursting into the live sector is rather new for Mr. Bill, but their ability to jam out in this new setting is paying off in dividends.“Touring around and playing my songs off my laptop was getting stale, so with this tour, I really wanted to create a live electronic music performance,” said Mr. Bill. The band performed in Winnipeg earlier this week, showcasing their new and exciting sonic experience to an enthusiastic crowd. They’ll also be performing in New York, tonight, just upstairs from Kitchen Dwellers at American Beauty.Watch footage from this Mr. Bill Live Band performance below! [Photo credit: Nicholas Maciarz] Mr. Bill will take the stage at Slake tonight, November 11th. “If there’s anything I’ve learned from this tour so far,” says Mr. Bill, “It’s that I much prefer playing small, intimate rooms crammed with energy rather than larger, more docile rooms.” With Circuit Bent on as support, this is going to be a great night of music. Tickets here.last_img read more

National Forests in North Carolina closes all campgrounds Asheville, NC

first_imgThe National Forests in North Carolina continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation and evaluate potential impacts and adjustments to reservations and our reservation policies through Recreation.gov. Reservation holders will be notified via email and/or cell phone text messages of any changes affecting their reservation. Visitors will receive a full refund for their reservation. For the most current and accurate information about COVID-19, contact your local health officials or visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov. Information from the U.S. Department of Agriculture is available at: www.usda.gov/coronavirus. For an updated list of forest closures please visit our Alerts and Notices website at https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/nfsnc/alerts-notices/?aid=56853. Croatan National ForestCedar Point CampgroundFlanners Beach CampgroundOyster Point Campground Uwharrie National ForestArrowhead CampgroundBadin Lake CampgroundBadin Lake Group CampgroundBadin Horse Campground (and overflow)Canebrake Horse Campground (and overflow)Uwharrie Hunt CampWest Morris Mountain CampgroundYates Place Camp Pisgah National ForestBlack Mountain CampgroundBriar Bottom Group CampCarolina Hemlocks CampgroundCove Creek Group CampCurtis Creek CampgroundDavidson River CampgroundHarmon Den Horse CampKuykendall Group CampLake Powhatan CampgroundMortimer CampgroundNorth Mills River CampgroundSunburst CampgroundWash Creek Horse CampWhite Pines Group CampWolf Ford Horse Camp Nantahala National ForestAppletree Group CampBalsam Lake LodgeBristol Fields Horse CampCable Cove CampgroundCheoah Point CampgroundHorse Cove CampgroundJackrabbit Mountain CampgroundKimsey Creek Group CampRattler Ford Group CampStanding Indian CampgroundSwan CabinTsali CampgroundVan Hook Glade CampgroundWine Spring Horse Camp The following is a list of campgrounds that will be closed beginning March 23. Some campgrounds are currently closed for the season, and these campgrounds will remain closed. Visitors are primarily responsible for their own safety. Keep in mind, trails and roads may be open for use, but please recreate responsibly and follow public health guidelines regarding social distancing while you recreate in National Forests. Law enforcement and search and rescue operations may be limited due to COVID-19 issues. High risk activities such as rock climbing or motorized activities that increase your chance of injury or distress should be avoided. center_img Photo of Downtown Asheville skyline flowers in spring from Getty Images The National Forests in North Carolina will close all campgrounds as of Monday, March 23, for the health and safety of visitors and staff. This includes all concessionaire operated campgrounds and all day-use areas associated with those campgrounds. Campgrounds will be closed until at least May 15, at which point they will be reevaluated. By closing campsites and group recreation sites, the USDA Forest Service is taking necessary measures to safeguard the health of employees and the public. The health and safety of employees and the nearby communities is always our top priority at the USDA Forest Service. Please remember to review current recommendations from the CDC and focus on recreating safely while protecting yourself, Forest Service employees and our volunteers. last_img read more

Shannan Gilbert’s Family Seeks Donations for Funeral, 2nd Autopsy

first_imgSign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York Famous coroner Dr. Michael Baden will perform a second autopsy on a New Jersey woman whose remains were found in Oak Beach three years ago Saturday in the case that led police to the Long Island Serial Killer’s dumping ground.The family of Shannan Gilbert, who police were searching for when they discovered 10 sets of human remains along Ocean Parkway, is seeking donations to pay for her funeral, so the second autopsy can be conducted at the funeral home. Attorneys for the family made that announcement on the same week that they released the results of Gilbert’s first autopsy and toxicology tests—which found no trace of drugs in her system.“I’m convinced beyond any doubt that she was murdered,” said the lead attorney, John Ray of Miller Place-based Ray, Mitev & Associates, echoing the family’s suspicion. “And the autopsy report is not inconsistent with my belief.”The Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office had only said that the cause of death is “undetermined” for Gilbert, an online escort who was reported missing May 1, 2010 after she fled the Oak Beach home of her last client, Joseph Brewer, who police have said is not a suspect in the deaths. Police have also said suspect Gilbert—whose body was found in a marsh less than a mile from Brewer’s home—was not a victim of foul play. But Gilbert’s family believes that Shannan was killed by the same person behind the other murders, whose victims include other online escorts.Baden, who was the host of the HBO “Autopsy” series for 13 years, agrees with former Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer’s theory that one killer dumped all 10 sets of remains. Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota has said he believes more than one killer hid bodies on the same remote stretch of beach. Baden was not immediately available for comment.“There are lots of places to dump bodies, and I’ve investigated a number of serial murders, and I’ve never seen two different serial murders dump bodies [in the same place] at the same time,” Baden told Fox News, where he is a contributor. Ray said Baden offered to perform the second autopsy for free, but Baden cannot perform the autopsy at the Suffolk medical examiner’s office. That’s why the family needs to raise the money to pay for Shannan’s funeral costs before that can happen. They are asking for donations via GoFundMe.Ray is representing Gilbert’s mother, Mari, in a lawsuit against Dr. Peter Hackett, who allegedly told her that he took Shannan in and drugged her before she went missing. Hackett later denied those claims in media interviews. Hacket, who has since moved to Florida, is also not a suspect in the deaths, police have said.Ray said that contrary to what police have said, the first autopsy suggests that Gilbert was murdered. Aside from a lack of drugs evidence in hair and tissue tests, the report found that her mostly skeletal remains were missing several small bones from her fingers, toes and throat—but no signs of trauma.“There are very small areas of possible post-mortem animal activity,” Dr. Hajar Sims-Childs said in the report, dated Dec. 14, 2011.No arrests or suspects have been named in the larger investigation. Suffolk County police issued their standard statement this week when asked about the case: “We are not commenting further at this time on the Gilgo investigation until/unless we have some additional information pertaining to the investigation that serves the investigation or the public by its release.”last_img read more

Indonesia joins tender to build 1,050 train cars for Bangladesh

first_imgIndonesia has expressed interest in developing railway infrastructure in Bangladesh by joining a tender for the export of 1,050 train cars to the South Asian country.State-Owned Enterprises (SOE) Minister Erick Thohir welcomed Bangladeshi Railways Minister Md. Nurul Islam Sujon in Jakarta on Thursday to discuss opportunities for Indonesia to join the railway project.The president directors of state-owned firms likely to be involved in such a project also attended the meeting. They represented electronic equipment maker PT Len Industri, train manufacturer PT Industri Kereta Api (Inka) and railway operator PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI). “Certainly, this is part of our efforts to develop train industries not only inside the country but also to supply other countries, like Bangladesh,” Erick said.Erick estimated that the railways partnership with Bangladesh had generated US$181.6 million in revenue since 2005. The Bangladeshi minister said Bangladesh and Indonesia were “good friends” and highlighted the fact that both countries had large Muslim populations.The Philippine state railway operator is using two trains made by Inka to serve customers in Makati city, the financial hub of metropolitan Manila. Inca is also set to deliver 30 electrodiesel locomotives worth $91.3 million to Zambia based on a contract signed in January 2018.The state-owned train manufacturer said last year it was expecting to sign Rp 7.2 trillion ($506 million) worth of order contracts in 2019, including for exports of rolling stock to African and Asian countries. “We are not only seeking a business-to-business partnership but also want to help train [workers from Bangladesh] to support our partnership,” Erick told reporters after the meeting in Jakarta.Read also: Trains made by Indonesian state firm to serve commuters in Philippines The move marks yet another effort to push local trainmakers onto the global market. Last year, Inka sent 15 train cars to Bangladesh, part of 250 to be shipped in total, after the company exported 200 train cars to the country in 2006 and 2016. Topics :last_img read more

BCB begins distribution of raincoats to groundsmen in Berbice

first_imgGroundsmen across Berbice would now be in a better position to prepare venues across the Ancient County as the Berbice Cricket Board (BCB) on Sunday last started the distribution of raincoats to clubs.The BCB had received 40 raincoats from The Hardware Depot’s Managing Director Bonny Singh, valued at $100, 000. BCB President Hilbert Foster, along with Executive Member Lakeram Latchman, handed over 12 of the raincoats to the Number 69 Vikings, Number 73, Crabwood Creek, Skeldon, Cut and Load and Number 70 during a simple ceremony at the Number 69 Vikings Ground.Foster stated that the BCB under his leadership was fully committed to assisting clubs as much as possible to fulfil their mandates to their membership. The donation of the raincoats followed similar donations of $1.3 million worth of cricket balls and $2 million worth of cricket gear, stumps and scorebooks. The Cricket Board with support from the Rose Hall Town Youth & Sports Club has also assisted numerous clubs with trophies and medals. Every club in the Ancient County benefited from the Cricket Balls Project, which was spearheaded by former BCB President Anil Beharry. Foster also disclosed that plans are in place to assist clubs with white cricket t/shirts and the First-Division Clubs with coaching kits. The BCB President also stated that every effort was being made to obtain some proper pitch covers that would be used by the Board across the county.The energetic President stated that all Berbicians should be pleased at the current status of the game in the county and he urged all Clubs to dedicate themselves to lifting their standard even higher. Cricket, Foster stated, is being played at every level while numerous developmental programmes have been put into place to assist the younger generation of players to develop quickly. Clubs were urged to use the raincoats for the intended purpose and not for personal use.Representatives of the six clubs expressed gratitude to the Board and The Hardware Depot for the donation, and hailed the outstanding work of the BCB over the past seven months.last_img read more