Guilty plea in high profile child abuse case

first_imgTVNZ News 4 Nov 2011A man has pleaded guilty to two child abuse charges in a high profile case in West Auckland that shocked New Zealanders. The man entered guilty pleas to representative charges of neglect/cruelty of a child, and a representative charge of assault on a child when he appeared in the Auckland District Court yesterday. He remains on bail and sentencing is to take place on December 20. The maximum penalty for neglect of a child is five years imprisonment, while the maximum penalty for assault on a child is two years imprisonment. The man’s wife earlier pleaded guilty to 25 child abuse charges.Call for release of inquiry findingsMeanwhile, Family First is calling on the Minister of Social Development Paula Bennett to release the findings of the independent ministerial inquiry into the case. Family First National Director Bob McCoskrie says “the excuse” for not releasing the report earlier was that the case was still in progress. With the guilty pleas of both parents, the Government can now release the report, and should do so immediately, he said. McCoskrie said Family First believes the report will show shortfalls in collaboration and information sharing between government-funded agencies, an insufficient response when there were so many “red flags”, limited resources, and failings in targeting at-risk families and “rotten” parents , McCoskrie said.http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/guilty-plea-in-high-profile-child-abuse-case-4503083Father who tormented 9-year-old pleads guiltyNZ Herald 5 Nov 2011The father of a west Auckland girl found hiding in a cupboard after being subjected to months of torture and abuse has pleaded guilty to his part in her horrific ordeal… As a result of the case Social Development Minister Paula Bennett demanded a review and report on the girl’s care. That report has been presented to Ms Bennett, but she has yet to release the findings. She could not comment yesterday, saying it was inappropriate to speak about the case until after the girl’s parents had been sentenced. But advocacy group Family First wanted the report made public. “The excuse for not releasing the report earlier was that the case was still in progress. With the guilty pleas of both parents, the Government can now release the report, and they should do so immediately,” said national director Bob McCoskrie. Mr McCoskrie said the fact that the girl’s family had been involved with CYF, a family support agency, a registered ACC counsellor, a court-appointed psychologist, the child’s court-appointed lawyer and a child and youth mental health service was “ample proof that the ‘bottom-of-the-cliff’ approach” was not working.http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10764004last_img read more

See Virat Kohli’s new bomb hairstyle to welcome in 2020!

first_imgImage Courtesy: PTI/Instagram(@virat.kohli)Advertisement 9xf4yaNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs7g2Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Er9383z( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 5tWould you ever consider trying this?😱8ij5jmCan your students do this? 🌚16fov9Roller skating! Powered by Firework Virat Kohli finished the year of 2019 as the top batsman in ICC’s ranking of test batsmen. Hailed by Team India’s head coach Ravi Shastri himself, the skipper is not just a patron of the sport in the country, but also an icon of fashion statement. Just after welcoming the new year, Kohli revealed an all new hairstyle that has set the social media on fire!Advertisement Image Courtesy: PTI/Instagram(@virat.kohli)Just after coming back from his new year vacation of Switzerland with better half Anushka Sharma, Kohli posted two stories on his official Instagram yesterday, donning in an all new hair do.The Royal Challengers Bangalore got his haircut from the renowned Mumbai bsaed hairstylist Aalim Hakim, owner of Hakim’s Aalim Bandra salon in Mumbai. In the pics, the captain was seen in a short top trim, along with shaved sides.Advertisement In the new haircut, Kohli uploaded two selfies with Hakim, with the caption in one of the pics: “Thanks for a top cut bro @aalimhakim”Image Courtesy: Instagram(@virat.kohli)We can expect that the fans of the Indian cricketing icon will be sporting the haircut soon.Advertisement On the eve of the new year of 2020, Virushka were seen together in another Instagram post, with the couple wearing a beautiful black dress and a classy suit.Back in December, Kohli went past Aussie superstar Steve Smith as the world no. 1 test batsman in ICC’s test batsmen list.Recently, the Men in Blues gaffer Ravi Shastri praised Kohli for his contribution for uplifting test cricket in the country, and also for being the most successful captain for Team India in the game format.Speaking to IANS, thhe 57 year old said: “I have not seen one perfect captain. You will have captains with different strengths and weaknesses. I have not seen any perfect captain till today.”“With Virat you can see he is someone who is improving by the day. The passion, the energy, the drive he brings to the cricket field is unmatched. I have not seen any other captain bring that kind of energy onto the cricket field.” Shastri added.India will be hosting Sri Lanka on their first day of the upcoming T20 series this Sunday at the Barsapara Stadium in Guahati, and captain Kohli will be on the ground with his new haircut.Also read-Virat Kohli ends 2019 as the number 1 batsman in the ICC Test rankingsEven Virat Kohli can’t believe his 10 Year transformation challenge! Advertisementlast_img read more