CID takes over journo attack probe

by admin

The police Criminal Investigations Division (CID) has taken over the investigations into the attack on The Sunday Leader journalist Faraz Shauketaly.According to a statement by the police media unit, IGP N.K. Illangakoon had instructed the CID to investigate the incident. Meanwhile the Director of the Colombo National hospital Dr. Anil Jayasinghe said that a part of a bullet which was lodged near the neck of the journalist had been removed. He said Shauketaly was however still in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital for further observations. Faraz Shauketaly was shot at by a group of unidentified men in his house at hotel road in Mount Lavinia last night.Shauketaly received bullet injuries in his neck and was rushed to the Kalubowila Hospital and from there was transferred to the Colombo National hospital. The gun-shot wounds were however not life threatening. Eyewitnesses said they saw three men running away from his room following the shooting incident. (Colombo Gazette)

Continue Reading

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.
*
*